Thinking of going to Singapore on your next trip? You definitely should! Singapore is a beautiful place. When I was on a trip to Singapore, I fell in love with their delicious food, adventure spots, and friendly and warm people. However, there were some things I wish I knew before I visited the place. Want to know? Read on.
1. Alcohol is pretty expensive in Singapore and going out for a few drinks there can burden your pocket.
2. Singapore can get really hot and humid. So when packing, keep yourself a few light and breathable clothes.
3. You can find some lip-smacking coffee in Singapore's Hawker Centre. So ditch your precious Starbuck store while you are there.
4. The Singapore Tourism Board hosts many events throughout the year. Make sure you attend a few when you are there.
5. There are many scam hotspots in Singapore dealing with electronic and telecommunication products.
6. Chewing gum is banned in Singapore. You will not find any shops in Singapore selling chewing gum.
7. Get yourself a travel sim card from Starhub. It's safe and reasonable.
8. Pointing toes towards someone is considered disrespectful in Singapore. Patting someone’s head from behind is also not appreciated.