In an unfortunate incident after Avni's killing, India has lost another tiger. According to reports, a two-and-a-half-year-old sub-adult male tiger of famed Choti Tara passed away due to electrocution.
The incident took place at a paddy field in Bhamdeli village near Tadoba Tiger Sanctuary.
Reportedly, the tiger had come out of the sanctuary's main area into the buffer zone to establish dominance over his territory. But sadly, the water canal along a solar-powered electric fence put up by a farmer in his paddy field overwhelmed the tiger.
In an attempt to escape from the water canal, the live wire electrocuted the tiger and he lost his life.
This is not the first time that our wild animals have lost their lives due to electrocution. Two months ago, seven elephants lost their lives to the same in Dhenkanal district of Odisha.
In fact, electrocution is one of the major reasons of elephant deaths in Odisha.
It is high time that human beings stop encroaching over wildlife territory and Forest officials should make sure that the animals don't come in contact with anything man-made that could result in their death.