Are you still trying to figure out a one-stop destination for Diwali shopping? Don’t stress, we’ve got you covered. Here is a list of all the popular street markets in Delhi that you can go to, for buying everything you need for this festive occasion.
1. Janpath Market for buying things at dirt cheap prices.
Location: Janpath Rd, Connaught Place, New Delhi
Things worth buying: ethnic wear, junk jewellery, embroidered handbags, footwear, clothing
2. Dilli Haat for Indian handicrafts products.
Location: Kidwai Nagar West, New Delhi
Things worth buying: ethnic wear, silver jewelry, colurful lamps, decorative diyas and painted earthen pots
3. Tibetan Market for buying gorgeous lights and decorative lamps.
Location: Bela Road, Monastery market, Civil Lines, New Delhi
Things worth buying: hippie clothes, jute bags, diyas
4. Chandni Chowk for everything and anything.
Location: Near Red Fort, Old Delhi
Things worth buying: Electric lights, diyas, wall hangings, colourful paper-cut hangings, sweets, ethnic outfits, jewelry, gift items
5. Lajpat Nagar because it’s every shoppers paradise.
Location: Central Market, Lajpat Nagar II, New Delhi
Things worth buying: ethnic wear, silver jewelry, western outfits, shoes, bags, accessories, cosmetics, kitchen ware, gifting items, rangoli colours, diyas, ferry lights
6. Paharganj Market that is known for its leather products and cheap silver ornaments.
Location: Near RK Ashram Metro Station, New Delhi
Things worth buying: gorgeous pieces of lamps, earthen pots, intricately-designed diyas, fragrant candles, earrings, bracelets, mojris and bohemian products.
7. GK M-Block Market for buying high end products.
Location: M Block Rd, Greater Kailash II, New Delhi
Things worth buying: fancy clutches, bags, kurtis, gorgeous dupattas, shoes, blouses, pashminas, plazzos
Top picks for you