There is something really cool about being a spy, isn't there? Makes you envy men like James Bond. Especially because of the gadgets he uses. While you may never be on missions like 007 is, there are things you can do to make yourself feel like him. Perhaps smaller missions that involve you spying on your pets or your little kids.
Well, what if we told you that you can setup your own spy cam using an old phone? And it's really simple. If you think there is something fishy happening at home while you're away, here is your solution...
Here's how you go about it:
- First thing you need is an Android phone with a decent camera.
- Next, download Motion Detector Pro from Google Play Store.
- An old Android phone will be ideal for this. Or even a new cheap one will do. But this won't be your primary phone.
- Once you download the app, add an email ID and/or a phone number.
- The phone number should preferably be one you have access to 24x7.
- Since the camera needs to stay on throughout, turn off the auto-lock and connect a charger and leave the cam on.
- The app has simple instructions that you can follow to set it up.
- Once you've fixed your phone at the point of surveillance, you can simply go about your day.
What happens next?
If there is any movement in front of the camera, it will capture it. You can also set the sensitivity that triggers the sensor.
The captured image will immediately be mailed to you and/or sent to the phone number you have provided.
You can simply press/click on the link to view the captured image.
If you need the image to be emailed, you don't even need a number for the old phone. Only Wi-Fi will suffice.
If you don't want to invest in a proper surveillance cam, this makes for a very cost-effective method. Apart from solving issues like keeping an eye on your pet while you're away at work, if there is spot in your house that is out of bounds to everyone else, you can know if there are any intruders. It can work as a burglar alarm too.
It gives you a sense of safety. And if you want to be sneaky about it, you can do what this guy did and catch intruders without them finding out:
There are other similar apps in the market that have similar features and capture videos.