High heels look great and all but keeping it on for a long time can really lead to serious health problems. Here are 10 reasons you should ditch your stilettos right now:
1. According to research, pressure on the knee joints increase, giving rise to knee problems.
2. Wearing high heels for a long time can lead to urogenital problems.
3. Your leg muscles are at a constant risk of getting sprained or damaged.
4. A study suggests, you can end up with severe joint pains and symptoms that can lead to arthritis or premature osteoarthritis.
5. The unnatural curve your feet take hardens the skin on your toes and feet which can be extremely painful.
6. Heels push your pelvis forward when you walk which in turn puts enormous pressure on your lower back causing it to pain.
7. Prolonged use of high heels can disfigure the usual shape of your feet which is also known as hammer toe.
8. Ankle sprains are common when you walk on an uneven surface with high heels.
9. Leg ligaments and tissues weaken when you wear high heels.
10. Your toes go into a permanent hyperextension position which is not natural.
Thank god for flats and shoes.