Some of the most famous attractions the world over all have one thing in common - they look freaking amazing in photos. Thanks to a sly tie-up between crafty photographers and enterprising tourism industries, we're constantly bombarded by picture-perfect images of places like the Eiffel Tower or the Great Wall of China, but all is not always as it seems. Most of these places are plagued by the bane of long lines and massive crowds clicking pictures with their godforsaken selfie sticks for hours on end.
As a bit of a fair warning, here are some images of famous places that aren't exactly as perfect as they seem, courtesy Boredpanda.
Click these images to flip them and see the real picture!
1. The Great Wall of China
2. The Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy
3. Santorini Island, Greece
4. Rio De Janeiro Beach, Brazil
5. Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
6. Stonehenge, United Kingdom
7. The Eiffel Tower, France
8. The Taj Mahal, India
9. The beaches of Maldives
10. Mount Everest, Nepal
11. A gondola ride in Venice, Italy
12. Mona Lisa in the Louvre, France
13. The beaches of Thailand
14. Sheep Meadow in New York's Central Park, USA
15. A family water park
16. The Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles, France
17. James Bond Island, Thailand
18. Little Mermaid in Copenhagen, Denmark
19. Street food in Bangkok, Thailand
20. St. Peter's Square, Italy
The truth can hurt, but it can also prevent a nasty little shock!