Whether you want to sharpen your memory or improve your concentration, these 12 brain foods will help optimize your memory and ensure proper functioning of the brain.
1. Omega 3 fatty acid and high DHA levels present in fish ensure healthy functioning of the brain and a lower risk level of dementia and memory loss.
2. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants that slow down the process of brain ageing and enhance memory.
3. High anti-inflammatory compound and antioxidants, present in turmeric help in improving memory and encouraging the growth of new brain cells.
4. Loaded with Vitamin K and choline, broccoli sharpens brain memory.
5. Dark chocolates have antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that encourage proper blood flow to the brain that boosts its power.
6. Rich in nitrates, beetroot increases the blood flow to the brain and rejuvenates brain functions.
7. The carnosic acid in rosemary fights bacteria that obstructs cognitive functions of the brain which can also lead to memory loss.
8. Walnuts are rich in antioxidants, minerals and vitamin E that promise to improve the mental alertness of the brain.
9. Lycopene, a strong antioxidant found in tomatoes, is best for protecting the brain from dangerous bacteria and boosting memory.
10. Avocado is a powerhouse of vitamin E and vitamin C that helps in lowering the risk of Alzheimer's and enhancing cognitive functions of the brain.
11. High levels of collagen and amino acids in bone broth can boost memory and heal damaged brain cells.
12. Research proves that consumption of red wine in moderation can reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease.
Keep your brain charged up.
Note: Please consult with a registered medical practitioner.