Do people make a face and move away every time you're removing your shoes? Try out these natural home remedies that'll help you have odour free feet:
1. Soak your feet in a mixture of vinegar and water for 20 minutes. The mildly acidic nature of vinegar destroys odour-causing bacteria.
2. Apply talcum powder before putting on your socks to absorb sweat that leads to odour.
3. A foot bath made of black tea can close pores and kill bacteria responsible for causing odour as tannic acid is present in it.
4. Not only does lavender oil smell good, it also has antioxidant and anti-fungal properties that effectively help in treating smelly feet.
5. Applying a sugar scrub on your feet aids in removing dead skin cells that can contribute to stinky feet.
6. Dust some boric acid on your sweaty feet to smother odour causing bacteria. Its anti-fungal properties make it a topical astringent.
7. Sprinkle cornstarch on your feet to absorb the sweat and kill the bacteria.
8. Make a paste of ginger and apply it on your feet to remove bacterial growth, toxins and eliminate stinky smell.
9. Dip your feet in a mixture of Epsom salt and water. Magnesium sulphate found in this salt helps in fighting microbial infection and nullify foot odour.
10. Studies show that zinc deficiency is one of the reasons that leads to foot odour. So, include seafood, beans, oatmeal and almonds in your diet.
Goodbye stinky feet!