Aromatic curry leaves are a natural flavoring agent that is also a common ingredient used in cooking that has amazing health benefits too.
Here are 10 health benefits of consuming curry leaves we bet you didn't know about:
1. Studies show that hypoglycemic properties of curry leaves control blood sugar levels that reduces the risk of diabetes.
2. Rich in iron and folic acid, curry leaves can be your one stop remedy to beat anaemia.
3. Research proves that carbazole alkaloids present in curry leaves helps to deal with diarrhea.
4. According to research, curry leaves are high on anti-oxidative properties, Vitamin A and C that ensure proper functioning of liver.
5. Extracting mahanimbicine, a carbazole alkaloid from curry leaves can aide in the healing process of mild burns and regenerate skin cells.
6. Enriched with Vitamin B complex, zinc, iron and minerals, curry leaves prevent graying of hair and improves hair growth.
7. Use curry leaves to treat common skin or fungal infections as it is a rich in anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
8. A study shows that inhalation of linalool, a type of oil extracted from curry leaves help to keep stress and anxiety at bay.
9. Burn unwanted fat, carbohydrates and detoxify your body by including curry leaves in your diet as it is rich in carbazole alkaloids.
10. Vitamin A found in curry leaves contains carotenoids that protects the cornea and improves eyesight.
Include curry leaves in your diet right away!