Do you end up feeling guilty every time you buy a black currant smoothie? Well, you don't need to anymore. Here are some health benefits of consuming black currant we bet you didn't know about;
1. Antioxidants and anthocyanins present in black currant strengthens the immune system.
2. The iron present in black currant boosts memory and increases oxygen supply to the brain.
3. Rich in iron content, black currant helps in the formation of red blood cells.
4. Vitamin C and Vitamin A present in black currant makes it good for the eyes.
5. With a low GI (Glycemic index), black currant helps in controlling diabetes.
6. Magnesium present in black currant helps in dealing with insomnia.
7. The Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid, present in black currant reduces hair loss and scalp dryness.
8. Presence of dietary fibres in black currant can provide relief from constipation.
9. Copper, magnesium and calcium present in these berries strengthens the structure of the teeth and bones.
10. With anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, black currant helps in fighting against skin disorders including eczema, dermatitis.
Sip on that blackcurrant smoothie guilt free!