Buttermilk or chaas is not only refreshing and tasty to drink but it also has many benefits for the skin, hair and overall health that you should be aware of. Here are some reasons as to why you should sip on some buttermilk guilt free.
1. Loaded with milk proteins and lactic acid, buttermilk helps to rejuvenate dead skin cells, brighten skin tone and gives a smooth texture to your skin.
2. Solve skin woes like blemishes and discolouration by applying buttermilk on your skin. It has alpha hydroxy acid and lactic acid that exfoliates and lightens skin colour.
3. Blend buttermilk and tomatoes and apply the paste to your skin; the moisturizing properties and lactic acid content can remove suntan and increase the healing process of the skin.
4. Buttermilk has excellent astringent properties that deeply nourish and moisturize the skin making it firmer and tighter.
5. Riboflavin, a type of vitamin found in buttermilk aides in proper functioning of liver and detoxification of the body.
6. Vital nutrients present in buttermilk nourishes hair strands, encourages hair growth and helps in fighting dandruff and dryness.
7. Probiotic microbes in buttermilk promote digestion and prevents growth of bacteria that are responsible for stomach infections.
8. Fight bad cholesterol and reduce high blood pressure by consuming buttermilk as it has MFGM proteins.
9. Buttermilk helps in reducing weight and keeping your energy levels high as it offers nutrients and enzymes required by the body without the unwanted calories and fat.
10. Rich in calcium, buttermilk helps in proper functioning of muscles, strengthening bones and promoting healthy teeth.
Drink some buttermilk, will you?