Four persons, including two children, died of suffocation, while nearly 15 vehicles were gutted after a fire today broke out in an apartment complex in Chennai.
The incident happened early this morning at Vadapalani locality when a fire in the building's vehicle parking area engulfed the apartment, killing all of them instantly, police said.
Five persons are being treated for suffocation at a hospital.
A short circuit was suspected to have caused the fire, which gutted nearly 15 vehicles parked there, police said.
(Feature image source: ANI)