The decision of moving in together makes for a milestone in every couple's relationship. This, however, comes along with the constant stress of convincing the landlord/broker/agent, etc and of course, dealing with their unwanted opinions. Not because they judge you for your lifestyle, jobs or income but your "rishta".
Remarks and comments keep falling like party confetti, even by uninvited strangers, who doubt your charitra for no personal concern of theirs (#RIPSocialEtiquettes). So, picking up the most common and familiar ones, here are some of the extremely ridiculous things you must've heard during your apartment hunt.
1. "Iss society mein sirf families rehti hai."
2. "What's wrong with you kids, nowadays? Future ke baare mein kabhi socha hai? "
3. "Do your parents know about this? I want to meet and discuss it with them first."
4. "We are very modern. We've always allowed couples. Par shaadi se pehle? Nahi, nahi."
5. "Aap bas marriage certificate dikha do aur ghar aapka."
6. "I don't have a problem. But there are families living in the neighborhood. Won't look nice, no?"
7. "Saath mein ghumo-firo. Kaun mana kar raha hai? But this is just too much to expect."
8. "Humare time mein ladka aur ladki ek dusre se baat tak nahi karte the."
There's no end to this list, seriously. What's infuriating is that you're accused of "acting immature" and expected to behave like adults when in fact these comments come from people who behave like kids themselves. I mean, where's your common sense at?
The good news, however, is that you can literally skip hearing all this stupid chatter. You heard me. Home loans by Home First are here to help all couples planning to move in together. After all, two consenting adults should be able to put a roof over their head, no? Seems like, dream life aur apartment ab door nahi!
Check out their fun short film that depicts the struggles of every live-in couple.