Come summers and lemon water becomes one of our favourite drinks. Not only does it help cleanse the body, it also has numerous other health benefits. Some lemon juice in water is the best morning beverage you can have, and trust us, your body is going to thank you for it in the long run!
Here are some amazing health benefits of drinking lemon water every morning.
1. Needless to say, it detoxifies the body.
Have one glass of lemon water every morning and cleanse your liver off its toxins. Lemon encourages the production of bile, one of the digestive juices, and also controls its excess flow.
2. Lemon juice assists the digestive system in eliminating waste out of body and improves digestion.
It simulates the production of bile and other digestive juices. It also helps in bowel movement, keeps your colon hydrated, and infuses water in your stool, hence encouraging healthy digestion.
3. Lemon water is rich in anti-oxidants and Vitamin C, which keep your skin blemish free.
It gives you that much-needed glow in summers. If you want to slow down ageing, swear by some lemon water to keep your skin's elasticity intact.
4. Reduces joint pain and inflammation.
Uric acid is one of the major causes of inflammation. Lemon water helps remove acidity from the body and uric acid from the joints, thus reducing inflammation.
5. Lemon juice is a good mouth freshener and fights bad breath.
It also helps alleviate tooth pain and gingivitis. It acts as a disinfectant in the mouth by killing the germs that cause bad breath.
6. It also balances pH levels in the body.
It's important for our body tissues to be alkaline as opposed to acidic. And lemon is an excellent alkaline food. Though it's a citrus fruit and has acidic properties as it's fully metabolized inside the body, it has an alkalizing effect which balances out our body's pH levels.
7. Lemon juice is a rich source of Vitamin C and potassium, which nourishes brain and nerve cells and boosts the immune system.
It also aids in keeping blood pressure under control.
8. Gives nourishment and energy.
Lemon contains more negative charged ions, which provide our body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. And who doesn't like the refreshing taste and scent of lemon that uplifts one's mood and gives an instant energy boost?
9. Lemon juice ignites the metabolic rate of your body, which helps to burn more calories which in turn helps in weight loss.
It also slows down the rate of starch digestion and keeps the blood sugar balanced.
10. Keeps lymph system hydrated.
Lemon juice in warm water hydrates the body and replaces the lost fluid, improving the lymphatic flow. If you drink lemon water regularly, it will increase your immune efficiency, control blood pressure, and relieve stress.
11. Out of its many health benefits, one of the most important one is the cancer fighting properties of lemon, which effectively reduce the risk of some particular types of cancer.
12. If you've decided to cut down on your caffeine intake, lemon water is the best replacement you can look for.
Not only does it hydrate your body, but also flushes the unwanted materials out.
13. It is also a natural cure for asthma.
Lemon juice can give relief to asthma patients. The anti-oxidants in lemon juice fight free radicals which cause two symptoms of asthma, i.e. smooth muscle contraction and airway constriction. Additionally, it also helps clear the mucus build-up from air vessels.