Our generation is so hell-bent on living life to the fullest and making the most of every opportunity that we often forget to stop and smell the roses. And then, when the real and precious moments of life have passed us by, we regret it. Here are a few reasons why we should slow down and take it easy once in a while.
1. In India, we have a penchant for studying. First, it’s school, then college, then post-graduation and so on. Why not take a breather from all the academics and take a trip across the country?
2. It's never too late to take up those dance lessons or to learn a new language. If you are passionate about something, don't compromise on it.
3. Stop cribbing about that promotion that you never got or if your salary hike was not up to your standards. It makes no sense to worry about these things because eventually you will get what you deserve. Trust me.
4. Working late and being a workaholic is great but always take out time for your friends and family. Spending time with the ones you love completely rejuvenates you. So even if it's a coffee date, take out some time.
5. Remember, at the end of the day, you are only human and that's why it's important to not burn yourself out completely. Strike the right balance between work and your personal life so that you can live a better life.
6. How well do you know your parents? What's your Dad's favourite hobby? What's your Mom's fondest childhood memory? Spend more time with your parents. It'll be more rewarding than you know.
7. Stop trying to control everything that happens around you. Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride!
8. The whole point of working is to make money, right? So if you are not taking out time to splurge a little, what's the point? Make a shopping date with yourself. Spend a day at the mall buying things you need or don't need because retail therapy is a real thing and the sooner you experience it, the better it would be for you.
9. You are young only once and that's why you shouldn't waste your 'good years' moping over people who don't matter. If there's someone who doesn't appreciate you, let them go!
10. No matter how caught up you may be, it's important to disconnect from the world once in a while. In the quest to win the marathon which has no finish line, you leave behind some precious moments. But sometimes, its' good to ditch the rat race and take a LUV break!
So carpe diem my friend, carpe diem!