Like most of us, Olivia Retter, a 9-year-old girl from Hertfordshire in England, doesn't think much of sleeping with her phone in bed. Little did she realise that she would wake one day with a fairly severe iPhone-shaped chemical burn permanently etched on her skin.

Source: mirror.co.uk

The little girl woke up in the middle of the night complaining of pain.

At the time, her mother Karly Retter dismissed it as a silly act only to find a burn mark shaped like Olivia's iPhone 5C across the side of her thigh. "Doctors have said it is a severe chemical burn and she will be scarred for life. I can't believe it, she will have a scar in the shape of a phone on her leg," Karly told the Mirror in an interview.

Source: mirror.co.uk

The burn is chemical in nature and the cause is the liquid leaked from her iPhone case.

The glittery phone case purchased from a New Look store in Cambridge apparently housed a clear liquid within the case. The liquid is known to be toxic and leaked onto Olivia's leg as she slept. This, without any prior warning label or instruction notifying the customers of the possible affects of the liquid coming into contact with bare skin.

Source: mirror.co.uk

The fashion retailer company has launched an investigation on the subject.

The New Look quality team have claimed to take this matter very seriously and launched an investigation on the quality control of the product. "In line with our health and safety procedure, we have now instructed all stores to remove the product in question from the shop floor with immediate effect," a New Look spokesperson told the Mirror.


Leave your phone on the table tonight.


Masthead Source: alittletwistof.co.uk

Read Next

You May Also Like

Loading...

via ScoopWhoop News

Advertisement

TRENDING ON SCOOPWHOOP

Also Read