As you sow, so shall you reap.
What goes around comes around.
We're always taught to treat people the way we want to be treated. But how many times do we really follow it? Well, no one can escape karma which goes by just one rule. You receive whatever you give. Sooner or later, you'll be rewarded for you deeds. Even Newton propounded that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
People on Quora were asked to share some examples of karma from their life and their answers show how karma gets back at us in the most unexpected ways! Here, read on:
1. We were halted at a traffic light in mild traffic. An ambulance drove into the traffic & everyone could tell it carried a critical patient. The siren was on full blow & the driver honked continually.
2. When Billy Ray Harris, a homeless man, found a very expensive diamond engagement ring, he tracked down the owner for days searching everywhere and handed the ring over to its owner. When the news spread across, complete strangers fixed his bike, provided him meals and he also received $100,000 in donations online, from all over the world.
3. I was engaged to a good looking guy from Dubai. Was an arranged thing. We met once and the next day was our engagement. Post engagement, he never told any of his friends about his relationship status as he did not find me fit enough as per Dubai standards. In the span of one month that we were engaged, he treated me like trash. He would say, "I can't connect with you because you don't put make-up. My world is different than yours. I can't introduce you to my friends because you don't have alcohol.
4. One fine day, I was going back home from office. On my way back home, an old lady asked me to give her a lift. It was quite hot, so I let her sit on my Activa and dropped to her destination. When I dropped her there, she said, “Khush Raho Beta” (Stay happy child)
5. I live on the ground floor and my neighbors are on the first floor. In my area, the terrace belongs to the person who lives on the first floor and they can rent it to anybody. So my neighbor rented the terrace to a family of a husband, wife and their 6-year-old son, who were not financially healthy. The mother used to work in a parlor and father was an MNC driver. They used to leave their son all alone till the evening. So, one day my neighbor told their tenants to leave the house (terrace) and she already took the advance for a month. ₹15000 is a big amount for any family who is working so hard throughout the day. So the tenants told the landlady that they'll leave but requested to give them the advance back. But the landlady denied saying that she didn't have so much money and that they'll have to leave.
6. I was in 5th grade back then. The maid who used to clean our house would bring her son along, who was also in the same grade as mine. We used to play sometimes and I used to share my food with him. One day, he was really sad. When I asked him, he said her mom didn't have money to put him in a better school.
7. About a year ago, after an especially tiring day at the office, I was coming back home in a train. I collapsed onto an empty seat like a sloth as soon as I’d got in. There was a woman standing in front of me for 20 minutes in the general compartment, looking quite exhausted herself. I thought to myself, “Man, she looks tired. However, she could have gone into the ladies compartment and sat. I’m way too tired to get up.”
8. My friend and I went on a road trip. While returning, we took a break at a dhaba (hotel) and ordered food. As we were waiting for the food, we started clicking a few selfies with my newly-purchased selfie stick. After a few minutes, food was served and it was pathetic. The bill was ₹340. Since we didn't have change, we gave a ₹1000 rupees note along with 40 change. But the person at the cash counter gave ₹900 back.
9. I was craving for a dessert so I urged my papa to take me to a famous bakery which was going to close within 30 minutes. We went as soon as possible and I ordered my black forest pastry.
10. An arranged marriage proposal came from a nice city for me. That boy was well- educated and from a decent family. Me and my dad agreed and my dad decided to meet them. After a few days, my dad called them.
11. My mother had a friend. She once told me that when she was 19, she crashed a car in a gas station. She put "reverse" instead of "drive" and crashed her brand new car into an old gentleman's car. A lot of people gathered to see what happened, but there were no witnesses.
All images designed by Aroop Mishra.