The famed Fortune 500 list of biggest companies in terms of revenue is out and seven Indian organisations have been featured in the list this year.
Fortune Global 500 companies this year employ 67 million people worldwide and are represented by 33 countries. While US-based retail giant Walmart topped the list with annual revenue worth $482 billion, Indian Oil Corp. Ltd (IOC) ranked highest among the Indian firms at 161st.
The seven Indian companies which made it to the list include four public sector organisations and three private firms. Here is the list.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, state-run
- Reliance Industries Ltd, privately run
- Tata Motors, privately run
- State Bank of India, state-run
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, state-run
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd, state-run
- Rajesh Exports, privately run
(Design credits: Utkarsh Tyagi)
(With inputs from PTI)