You are a rare breed, Abhay. Good looks, great talent, and your incredible honesty make you stand out among hordes of new kids that keep coming into Bollywood.
On your birthday, we'd like to remind you just how awesome you are.
1. You stole our hearts with your believable performance in Imtiaz Ali's Socha Na Tha as Viren Oberoi. And I got myself my first Bollywood crush.
2. Remember this song? Seedhe Saade Dhang Se. Can we vote this as the best filmy proposal? You made it so good.
3. You are unlike any other filmy kid. And your choice of roles prove that. Whether it is Ek Chalis Ki Last Local or Manorama Six Feet Under.
4. Or your role in Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! or Dev. D that break every mould and how!
5. Even when you're playing the 'guy next door' (which I do not mind at all, by the way), you are honest to your character. For instance, Aisha, may not have been a masterpiece but you totally justified your role as the wise George Knightly.
6. And you do not shy away from criticizing your own performance in movies (ahem, Aisha). And we love that you do not give a f*&^k and speak the truth.
7. On your Facebook page where you call out our nation's obsession with 'fairness' and our celebs fuelling this obsession: that's gold!
The reason the tube reads "WHITE BEAUTY" is because the photoshopping on her skin has made her look white and she's clearly a beauty.
No demeaning of dark skin here either.
8. You're not afraid to say your piece, even if it is not the 'popular opinion'. Man, you've got guts.
9. Your strong opinions on issues make you even sexier.
10. Bollywood, do you even realize what a rare quality that is among leading men, and men generally?
11. You're every photographer's delight. And mine too.
12. You can pull off any look. I mean, people, just look at him. And then, look at him again.
13. Most importantly, you have your head firmly on your shoulders and you're not relying on your filmy family for roles.
You could con the hell out of me and I'll happily oblige!
Honestly, if you were a real-life con man. You'd be the GOAT.
We want more of you, Abhay Deol. Keep doing what you're doing but please show up on our screens more often.