The life of a clumsy person is full of struggles. Every single day includes being told off, laughed at and most of all, a lot of unnecessary pain.
It's like the clumsy people in the world are a whole new species. And I am a devoted member of this species. Not a day in my life is complete without losing something (sometimes, even myself), forgetting, literally, anything and awarding myself with a bruise or two.
Believe it or not, there is actually a scientific reason behind why people like me are such klutzes! A 2007 University Of Delaware study shows that 'slower processing speed and reaction time, as well as lower visual and verbal memory performance may predispose certain individuals to errors in coordination which can lead to unintentional injuries, and random forgetfulness'.
Hey, at least now we have a valid excuse!
So, here are 17 things that only clumsy human beings will be able to relate to:
1. Dropping your phone on your face is a daily routine.
2. Tripping on sidewalks and pretending like nothing happened is an everyday thing.
3. When someone asks you to do something but then remembers how clumsy you are and says 'never mind'!
4. You always think about how bad a parent you would make because just taking care of yourself is a mountain of work already.
5. Not dropping something, once in a day, is as rare as having a negative Rh blood type.
6. You can lose things even in your sleep!
7. Surviving every day without seriously injuring a body part is your life's greatest achievement.
8. Entering a furniture shop is like entering a death hole!
9. Waking up to random bruises is an everyday thing.
And you never have no idea where, when and how that happened!
10. A wet floor is like no mans land.
11. People around you are in constant fear of being a victim to your 'unintentional' actions.
12. All of your friends have hilarious snaps or videos of you that are all over social media.
13. You are capable of falling off almost anything and everything!
14. You're at a point where your friends have stopped feeling bad for your injuries and instead, they heavily mock you.
15. You tend to wear trashy clothes whenever you eat because you know you'll definitely spill more food than you'll actually consume.
16. You say "oh shit", "sorry" and "ouch" more that just a few times every day.
17. You drop your phone multiple times in a day.
Yes, such is the clumsy life!