Sitting around drinking and shooting the shit is always a good time, but sometimes you need something more. Variety is the spice of life after all, and drinking games are as spicy as things can get. Scroll on below for a few exciting additions to your weekend libations. Salut!
Note: Please drink responsibly, because a healthy liver needs a healthy live-er!
This is an app-based game available for iOS and Android for free, and can be played between 2-8 people. Each person controls a certain part of a spaceship hurtling towards disaster, and the aim is to keep flying for as long as possible. It's loud, boisterous and a total adrenaline booster.
- Read the 'how to play' on the app. It's super easy.
- Have a drink every time you reach a new round.
- Have a drink every time you curse.
- Take a shot every time you lose.
This is a fast-paced, memory-based, alcohol-laced whirlwind of a game. You'll need at least 4 people to make it challenging, along with a lot of beer (or any alcohol).
- Before starting, everyone must choose a funny hand motion to represent them throughout the game.
- After everyone's picked their signal, the leader starts the game by performing his hand gesture followed by another players'. The player who's gesture was performed must now perform the first 2 gestures, followed by a new player's gesture.
- This continues until someone forgets a motion or messes up. They must then down their drink.
- Most importantly, everyone must keep drumming on the table!
Watch this cheesy video below to understand the game better.
3. Most Likely
This is a game best played with a group of friends who know each other pretty well. In fact, that's kind of the point.
- Everyone sits in a circle and one person asks a 'most likely' question, such as 'who is most likely to pass out on the floor tonight?'
- Everyone points to who they think is most likely to do what was mentioned.
- You have to take a drink for every person who's pointing at you.
4. Head's Up
This is another app-based game that's lively, quick and keeps you on your toes. Download the Head's Up app on a phone and get started.
- Choose a category and hold the phone up to your head.
- The rest of the players must act out the word on the screen, and you have to guess what it is.
- If you can't guess what it is, you take a shot. And repeat.
5. If You Know What I Mean
This is one of the most fun games you can play regardless of whether you're drinking or not. As with everything though, a little hooch adds a lot of flavour. You can even play this game with just 2 people, but the more the merrier.
- You're given a theme or situation, such as 'you're in a cruise ship'.
- Everyone must go back and forth trading suggestive sentences related to the theme that end with 'if you know what I mean'.
- Whoever runs out of funny-sexual phrases has to take a drink.
Here's a video that'll help you along.
This game starts off easy and goes into hyperdrive faster than you can say 'tu mera bhai hai'.
- Take 2 dice and roll them. If you get an even number, everyone drinks.
- If you get an odd number, you make a new rule (for instance - rolling a 12 means you do a shot)
7. Cup Swap
This game gets messy, so make sure you've got space and a table you don't really care about lying around.
- Place a spoon and 2 cups on a table - one with alcohol and one that's empty.
- Players take turns to transfer as much alcohol as possible to the empty cup using the spoon in under a minute.
- They must drink whatever is left in the original cup when the time is up.
8. Pizza Box
This is a game you can play pretty much at any time, all you need is a pizza box, a coin, and of course - the creme de la beer.
- Every player writes their name on the cardboard pizza box and circles it.
- The starting player tosses a coin on the box (each player gets one turn). If it lands on a name, that person drinks.
- If the coin lands on a blank spot, the player writes a rule there and circles it (it can be anything from 'eat dog food' to 'tell a dirty secret'). If someone lands a coin in a rule circle, they have to do what it says.
- The game keeps going until the entire box is filled with rules.
9. Straight Face
This game totally depends on how much control you have over cheek muscles. You can probably guess the what's coming next.
- Every player writes some ridiculous/ funny/ inappropriate sentences on pieces of paper.
- One at a time, each player will randomly pick a paper and try to read out the line without cracking a smile. If they fail, they drink!
10. Flip, Sip or Strip
This game is great for couples looking to have a little drunken fun. Or if you're suuuper comfortable with your friends.
- Take turns flipping a coin and guessing what side it is.
- If you guess wrong, you either have to take a sip or take off a piece of clothing.
Yeah, this game is more fun in winter.
11. Bloody Hell
This one's super easy and efficient, and you can play it pretty much anywhere! All you need is one die.
- One person rolls the die. Then every other player has up to 3 turns to match that number.
- You get a match by either rolling the same number or by adding up your rolls to equal the original number.
- If you can't match the number, you take a shot.
If you get awkward staring into someone's eyes, this one might not be for you. You'll need at least 4-5 people for this one.
- Gather everyone at a round table, and cover the table in shots.
- Everyone sits around the table looking down and on the count of three, looks up at someone.
- If the person you are looking at is not looking at you, you're safe. But if you find yourself staring into someone else's peepers, you both have to drink.
Remember, if you're seeing double, your butt's in trouble!