The computer scene had just kicked in and most of you had a shared desktop with fixed timings at your house or a nearby Internet café (where you tried really hard to get in.)
1. Typing in the address bar for the first time was an amazing feeling.
And you still remember the very first website you opened.
2. If you had a P.C and a Dial Up Connection at home, you continuously fought with your siblings for more Internet time.
The Internet is my birthright and I will take it!
3. Getting speeds up to 48 kbps was like a dream come true.
And now you look back on those times and laugh.
4. You made your first email address.
Which you’re too embarrassed to share with others now.
5. You spent most of your time finding the right e-greeting cards.
6. You loved online contests and quizzes.
I still fondly remember winning a ‘Pichkari’ in Cartoon Network’s Holi contest.
7. You were looking for gaming websites when you stumbled upon OTHER things.
You wanted to open "games.com, coolgames.com, jokes.com, insertgame.com" when you unintentionally typed "playboy.com" in your address bar. Oh boy…
8. Chat rooms and messengers were always fun.
MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Rediff Bol, ICQ; they were breeding grounds for all sorts of bakchodi.
9. And reading your horoscope online was THE thing.
"Oh! Let me just check if I can marry my crush."
10. You might not have been on MySpace, but you have definitely written some nice testimonials on Hi5 and traded scraps on Orkut.
“Please write me a testimonial and I’ll write one for you, k?”
11. You probably told your pals about this new thing called Facebook.
And you were definitely not old enough to sign up.
12. Once you got hooked to the internet, life was never the same again.
Who needs a life when you have the Internet?