India and weed are inseparable. Our relationship with the plant is long and deep. Quite a few of our holy-men have it, and quite a few of us have it in Holi! Now, the official position of the Indian government on marijuana is "illegal, but not enforced." But despite being illegal, the plant is doing just fine as our generation has taken to Cannabis Indica with a vengeance. We believe that it's time to de-criminalize weed. Here's why:
1. Marijuana grows naturally. Making something natural illegal is "borderline stupid."
Here's where this is going, "Mangoes are tasty. But mangoes are fattening. They cause obesity. Let's make mangoes illegal."
2. Organized marijuana farming will be an economic -stroke.
It'll mean loads of jobs and loads of very baked and happy farmers.
3. Ever seen a violent stoner?
No? That's because there's no such thing. Weed drastically reduces aggressive behavior in its users.
4. Weed is less harmful than tobacco.
Marijuana's active ingredient THC is less toxic than nicotine.
5. The government will have more money.
Can you imagine the taxes they could earn off legalized marijuana production and distribution? We smell money. And a scam.
6. Weed is not a gateway drug.
Weed is less addictive nicotine, the stuff that's found in tea and cigarettes.
7. Weed has medical applications.
It can be used to alleviate pain and increase appetite. It's particularly great for people undergoing chemo.
8. It makes people happy!
Come on! Anything that makes people laugh, eat tons of food and love each other can't be bad.>
9. Everyone's already doing it.
Ok, may be not everyone. But those who do..will...should. Might as well make it legal and get it over with.
10. No one ever OD'd on weed.
According to a particular study, you'd have to smoke 15,000 joints in 20 minutes to overdose with weed. Yeah, good luck with that.
11. "Drug" prevention is an exercise in futility.
What did you do when someone told "you" not to do something?
12. Our climate is perfect for growing weed.
Ask anyone and they'll tell you, India produces the best weed and hash in the world.
13. We'd become the Amsterdam of the East!
Overnight, our country would be flooded with tourists looking for some "higher meaning" to life.
14. Weed makes people creative.
And even if it doesn't, at least it makes them appreciate creativity, right?
15. Legalizing weed will hit the drug trade. Hard!
Why snort Coke when you can happily toke?
16. People fear it for no reason.
Why would you hate something you haven't even tried?
17. Weed doesn't destroy your liver.
Alcoholics, please note.
18. Weed makes you hungry but suppresses your appetite.
Now you can eat as much as you want and still lose weight. Yep. This is called having your cake and eating it too.
19. Ganja is good for the environment.
Hemp is a marijuana by-product and is used to make stuff like products like hemp seed foods, hemp oil, wax, resin, rope, cloth, pulp, paper, and fuel. Mother Nature will thank us.
20. People would learn to agree to disagree.
You can't really argue much when you're high. And even if you do, you forget about it in 5 minutes.
There are tons of things we should ban in this country. Like plastic bags, guns, cigarettes, ignorance, stupid people. But weed is not one of them.