Producer Gaurang Doshi says neither Akshay Kumar nor Abhishek Bachchan have been approached for “Aankhen 2“. Rumours were abuzz that Akshay, who starred in the first film, or Abhishek might join the star cast of the second installment of the 2002 release, to be directed by Anees Bazmee.
“We never approached Akshay or Abhishek for ‘Aankhen 2’. It was all speculation happening with the media about the casting. We would love to work with them on some other film. As of now we have almost locked our star cast,” Gaurang told PTI.
Aankhein starred Akshay, Arjun Rampal and Paresh Rawal in the roles of blind men. Arjun will reprise his role in the second part and will be joined by Arshad Warsi as the second blind man, while name of the actor playing the third guy has been kept under wraps so far.
“The event will be held on October 2 this year. It’s a special day so we thought of introducing the new member in ‘Aankhen 2’ team,” he said. Like “Aankhein“, the sequel will also star megastar Amitabh Bachchan. It is scheduled to hit screens on Diwali next year, in an expected box-office clash with Ajay Devgn’s “Golmaal 4″.
The heist drama film will be set against the backdrop of casino, which will be robbed by three blind men.
(Feature image source:Twitter)