“Men are also objectified but we choose not to talk about it,” Deepika Padukone had said at an event recently. And indeed, it is true. We cannot deny the fact that men are objectified in Bollywood, however not as much as women are. Be it a catchy, dance-able item number or a normal scene in the movie, the objectification of men (or even women) in movies make some people uncomfortable while making it a source of entertainment for others.
Let’s take a look at 10 instances when Bollywood objectified men:
1. Salman Khan dancing shirtless to the tunes of O O Jaane Jaana in the movie, Pyar Kiya Toh Darna Kya
2. Ranveer Singh flaunting his oil-soaked chiselled body in the movie, Goliyon Ki Raasleela- Ramleela
3. Ranbir Kapoor dancing in a towel in Jab Se Tere Naina in his very first movie, Saawariya
4. Randeep Hooda’s colourful performance in the movie, Rang Rasiya
5. John Abraham and his skin show in the movie, Dostana
6. Shahrukh Khan showing off his six-pack abs in Dard-e-Disco in the movie, Om Shanti Om
7. Akshay Kumar and John Abraham stripping in Subah Hone Na De in the movie, Desi Boyz
8. Shahrukh Khan drawing attention to his eight-pack abs in the movie, Happy New Year
9. Arjun Rampal showcasing his bare body in the movie, Ra.One
10. Shahrukh Khan relaxing in a bathtub for a soap commercial with Bollywood beauties around him
This latest video of Ali Zafar dancing to the item number ‘Six-Pack Abs’ in his latest movie Tere Bin Laden: Dead or Alive is the perfect tongue in cheek response to objectification. “This fun and sassy number will surely make everyone ROFL”, said the man himself, about the clearly ironic video.
You can watch the video below: