F.R.I.E.N.D.S is one of the most iconic TV shows of all time. Fans swear by the characters and can almost quote every episode of the ten season long show. The David Crane and Marta Kauffman show has become like a religion – You can enjoy it if you want to but if you question the show, they’ll call for your heads.
Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the first two seasons of the show but the show’s humor takes a nosedive in the later seasons. Even if I’m told to replace any of my friends with a character from the show, I wouldn’t do it. They’re horrible people. Cracked did a video about the entire scenario and we completely agree with them.
Here’s how the different characters
1. Chandler Bing: Homophobe & A Terrible Son
- He hates his dad because he cross-dresses. He hates him so much that he would rather not have him at his marriage ceremony. He is not just a horrible person but also a horrible son.
- He constantly makes homophobic jokes about hugging Joey a little too often.
2. Phoebe Buffay
- Phoebe casually mentions the fact that a pipe was her weapon of choice during her rough childhood days.
- She physically assaults her friends when she has to discipline them.
- She also hand-cuffs Mike and leaves him somewhere.
3. Rachel Green
- She is a narcissistic bitch who doesn’t care about anyone else but herself. This spoiled princess tries every trick to get her way in the show.
- One of the nicest guys in the show is Gunther. He is sweet, hard-working and sincere. He diligently loved Rachel without any of the we were on a break BS. But did Rachel value a big heart over the overtly 90s version of a nerd? No.
- Rachel hadn’t changed a single diaper by the time she got back from her maternity leave.
4. Ross Geller
- Ross keeps talking about his first wife and how he wished that she didn’t turn into a lesbian.
- He also ruined the lives of a lot of women because he leaped into relationships even when he loved Rachel.
5. Monica Geller
- She is manipulative AF. She tries to win over her friends by any means possible. She sexually manipulates Chandler a lot of times in the show.
- Her entire motivation about giving a speech at her parents’ anniversary was that she wanted to make them cry.
- Monica and Chandler decide to have sex with a kid in the next room because they couldn’t wait another month to have a kid.
6. Joey Tribbiani
- Joey doesn’t remember the names or faces of half the women he has slept with.
- Chandler and Joey get so busy talking to the two pretty girls that they forget Ben on the bus.
- The first time he meets Monica, he decides to strip naked and put his junk on display. The best part about this situation was that they had met 30 seconds ago. That’s definitely a felony.
7. The entire cast of FRIENDS is a bunch of insensitive pricks
F.R.I.E.N.D.S is based in New York but it never mentioned the attacks. They were so caught up in their own lives that nobody even talks about one of the biggest tragedies that hit the United States of America.
If this wasn’t enough, watch this video and find even more reasons why FRIENDS is a horrible show:
I’ll definitely not be there for you, FRIENDS.
H/T – Cracked