Every guy has bros. But not every guy has a girl best friend. If you’re one of the lucky few to have one then I congratulate you. And if you still don’t have one, then go out there and make one because frankly, it is awesome. And here’s why;
1. You can tell her everything.
You can’t talk “emotions” with guys and you can’t share all your secrets with your girlfriend. But with a girl best friend, you can share everything.
2. She’s your relationship tutor.
Having a girl best friend is essential when you’re dating someone. You get all sorts of handy advice like; “buy this for her, tell her that, take her there, don’t be a dick.”
3. She’s a welcome change in pace.
It feels nice to talk to someone about things other than cricket, cars and girls.
4. You’d be hopeless at shopping if it weren’t for her.
Even the most shopping averse male needs new clothes. But for us, shopping is like Astro-Physics. Thankfully, for our girl BFFs, it’s child’s play. Take her along when you shop for your shit. It’ll make things easier.
5. They make sure you’re following basic hygiene. (Mostly)
There is something about meeting a lady that makes men groom themselves. Since we’re as averse to bathing as KRK is to logic, it works out pretty well for most of us.
6. They improve your fashion sense by 1000x.
The naïve will say it is unimportant. But the truth of the matter is that dressing well makes a hell of a difference to your personality and confidence.
7. You get an insight into the female mind.
Girl BFFs are like double agents; betraying the secrets of the female mind so that us doofuses can tread more carefully with our mums and girlfriends.
8. They affect a serious change in your behavior.
For some reason, you start to swear a bit less. You become a bit more mature and speak more politely. Everyone around you says that you’ve gone from being Conan the Barbarian to Salman Khan’s character in Baghban. “Babuji.”
9. They’re like chicken soup for the broken heart.
They say the best solution to a breakup is a re-bound. Wrong. The best solution to a break up is a heart-felt conversation with your lady friend. See if you don’t feel better.
10. She’s your best reality check.
They make it a point to bring you back to earth whenever you feel too studly.
11. It’s awesome fun to prank her.
Go ahead, troll her on Facebook. It is the best thing ever.
12. It’s like having a sister, but without all the “bhai-behen” mush involved.
A sister you can go drinking with everyday. Woohoo!
13. You get to meet all of her girlfriends.
I don’t need to elaborate on this one. The wise will understand…
14. No one can give a pep-talk like a lady best friend.
There is no other person you should call when you’re down in the dumps. She’ll know just what to say to get you to believe in yourself again.
15. And if you go to her wedding, you get to feel like a Dad, Brother and Friend at the same time.