[Update: GodrejHIT has now made the video ‘private’ on YouTube]
Before I go about ranting, why don’t you guys just watch this ad by Godrej HIT that features one of the most infamous people in the history of human existence.
Since GodrejHIT has taken the video away from the public, here’s a gist of what happens in the ad –
- Hitler talks about how he and his people are part of the more superior race.
- He talks about how his enemies need to be exterminated.
- By now you realize he’s talking about mosquitoes.
- Then a voice on the radio talks about HIT spray and how it kills your enemies, but pyaar se.
- Then someone places a HIT can in front of Hitler and he’s impressed.
Okay, so let me get this straight. Not only did GodrejHIT think it’s okay to make an ad showing Adolf Hitler (who they call ‘legendary’ in the video description), they also trivialized the genocide that led to the biggest war in history.
And then, if that wasn’t enough, they went with the maaro, magar pyaar se line. Really? Hitler gassing his enemies is your definition of pyaar se maarna? Wonder what the descendants of 6 million Jewish people have to say about that.
But yeah, fuck it. Internet hain toh Hitler joke maar lo, right?