Veteran actor Kamal Haasan escaped unhurt after a fire broke out at his residence in Chennai in the wee hours on Saturday.

b’Image Source: Twitter/ViditTheDevil ‘

The 62-year-old actor took to Twitter to confirm his safety after the incident. 

He even thanked his fans for showing concern.

Even though the reason behind the fire remains unclear, a report by The Times Of India suggests that a fire tender immediately reached the spot after a short circuit in a refrigerator in his gym caused the fire.