Everybody’s got to work right? But if you have a job that needs you to work at night, then your life takes a 360-degree turn for the worse. 9 to 5 becomes 5 to 12, (or more), office lunches become dinners and your sleeping hours go for a complete toss. Here are a few struggles only people who work night shifts will understand.
1. Say goodbye to your social life.
When you call or text your friends during the day, no one responds because they’re all at work. The same thing happens when they try to get back to you after work.
2. You learn to live dangerously.
The only company you find when you come back from work are the strays that hang out in your colony.
3. Your friends living abroad in different time zones are the only ones who come to your rescue.
4. While your friends are working, you are dreaming about the places you’ll (never) visit when you have loads of money.
5. You miss a lot of birthday parties and family dinners.
And start thinking that this is how life treats you all the time…
6. Brunches become your new best friends.
7. And so do dark circles and baggy eyes.
8. Your friends think your life is awesome because you can do whatever you want in the day.
While you think that your life is a cruel joke.