TikTok needs no introduction ‘cause we have seen a lot of celebrities and local influencers emerging from the app with all sorts of talent. People from all around the world showcase their talent on TikTok but, trolls and cyberbullies have often created an unpleasant in-app environment for the users.
1. TikTok's Safety Center is available in 10 Indian languages because 'diversity' babay!
Yeah, that’s right! TikTok’s Safety Center is now available in Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, Kannada, Oriya and Malayalam. You know why? That's because they aim to educate the users with the right information, guidelines and resources about online safety in their native languages.
2. Anti-bullying drive to keep those cyber bullies and trolls at bay!
We all have seen how cyber bullies and trolls impact creative spaces adversely. To keep that in check, TikTok recently launched a new resource page for its users as a part of their anti-bullying drive in India. And, I can't be happier!
3. Report, block, control or delete the bullies from your account. These features will keep 'em haters away!
With the new safety tools, you can now report any user, comment, or video, which makes you feel like a target of the cyberbullies. TikTok actions upon the reported content in real-time by removing inappropriate content and accounts from the platform. You can also filter your settings and allow only selected people to react on your videos or perform with you. Also, you can simply delete or block the person from your account.
4. The ‘General Elections’ page ensures that no objectionable or illegal content is posted online.
5. You can now add keywords to filter out unwelcoming comments.
And, here are some celebrities who shared their videos on TikTok 'cause it just got safer!
Kudos to TikTok for introducing these awesome features trying to make online space safe for all! The election season is getting hotter and I can't think of a better time for this announcement.