They got married and how!
After giving the world a fairytale to ogle at, at least for a few months, Virat and Anushka have released statements thanking the people who made it a memorable event.
The people responsible for making the most memorable occasion of our lives peaceful and beyond beautiful 🙏🏼 – our lovely wedding planners @ShaadiSquad pic.twitter.com/nKlVRAX9Le— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) December 14, 2017
Virat and Anushka tied the knot in Italy under the Tuscan sun, in a private ceremony. While the event was an absolutely hushed affair, thanks to the peeps who attended the wedding, we got glimpses of the ceremony that we are going to continue watching for a really long time.
Look at the blushing bride walk down the aisle ( Din Shagna Da is our jam now for life!)
And while their love is enough to make the wedding every bit of a fairytale, we do know of an army of people that worked tirelessly to make it every bit perfect for the perfect couple.
From the photographer, designers to make up artists, this paltan ensured that Virushka got the wedding they deserved.
1. Meet the woman of the moment, the one who ensured this was an affair to remember, Lucknow girl Devika Narain.
The wedding designer, according to reports, was at the helm of affairs, from conceptualising the wedding to seeing it through to perfection.
Narain had earlier planned cricketers Dinesh Kartik and Robin Uthappa’s weddings too.
Along with Devika, popular wedding planners Shaadi Squad truly turned the wedding into a dreamy affair.
2. Oh, the pictures. While we still gush over the gorgeous pictures coming in from the wedding, there were two of them that we could not stop ogling at, the ones clicked by the official photographer, Joseph Radhik.
The famed, award-winning photographer’s work will take your breath away.
An honor and a privilege. To be here. To be a part of this occasion. To be trusted with this job. To be here with the woman I love (@naraindevika you made one of the most beautiful weddings I’ve ever seen!) and with the friends I share this passion with (@shivalichopra, @noeldavidraj and @theweddingfilmer). But most importantly, to work with people who make our job look so easy. These two will be among the most fun and in love couples I’ve ever photographed and this wedding was a surreal combination of luxury, simplicity, intimacy, and love. So much of it. I have so much to say, but I have to go shoot the last event now. Thank you, my Instagram family for all the love. Big hugs. #chasinglight #travel #sonyalpha #travelgram #ohtheplacesiveseen #weddedwonderland #wedphotoinspiration #instalove #instawedding #love #bride #indianbride #bigfatindianwedding
3. If you are crushing over that pink blush lehenga Anushka wore at her wedding, you have Sabyasachi to thank for that timeless aura.
Every look of Virat and Anushka’s was designed by the ace couturier for all the functions.
Meet Virat Kohli @virat.kohli, a Sabyasachi groom. On Virat: Ivory raw silk sherwani hand-embroidered in a vintage Benarasi pattern and signature House buttons with an old Rose silk Kota safa. Accessories by Sabyasachi. #Sabyasachi #TheWorldOfSabyasachi #SabyasachiJewelry #AnushkaSharma #ViratKohli @bridesofsabyasachi @groomsofsabyasachi @anushakasharma
Meet Anushka Sharma @anushkasharma, a Sabyasachi bride. On Anushka: A pale pink lehenga with Renaissance embroidery in vintage English colours embellished with silver-gold metal thread, pearls and beads. Bridal jewellery handcrafted with syndicate uncut diamonds, pale pink spinel and baroque Japanese cultured pearls by the Sabyasachi Heritage Jewelry collection. For all jewellery related queries, kindly contact email@example.com #Sabyasachi #TheWorldOfSabyasachi #SabyasachiJewelry #AnushkaSharma #ViratKohli @bridesofsabyasachi @groomsofsabyasachi @virat.kohli
Anushka looked ethereal as she walked down the aisle to unite with her groom. Those pink hydrangeas in her hair, that beautiful radiance on her face… Anushka was a vision in pink.
4. Meet Allia Al Rufai, the celebrity stylist who has been creating that unique style for Anushka Sharma for a long time and is the woman behind that understated elegance.
5. Those stunning hydrangeas and that hair, courtesy celebrity hairstylist, Gabriel Georgiou.
6. That radiant makeup on the bride, minimal yet classy, was done by Anushka’s trusted friend and makeup artist Puneet Saini.
7. Remember the Wedding Filmer? The famed wedding videographers who have managed to win our hearts with their brilliant wedding videos for years were also responsible for filming this wedding.
“In the silence of love, you will find the spark of life” – Rumi & such was the wedding of Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma under the Tuscan sun on a beautiful day. Congratulations and love to both of you Photographed by @storiesbyjosephradhik Filmed by @theweddingfilmer Designed by @naraindevika Managed by @shaadisquad #virushka #tuscany
And we cannot wait to watch the official wedding video.
8. Ritu Dalmia, celebrity chef was cooking up a storm at this Punjabi wedding.
The celebrated chef served a mix of Indian and Italian delicacies. From porcini mushrooms wrapped in bikaneri roti to stuffed ravioli with paneer kurchan, the menu at Virat and Anushka’s wedding was tailor-made.
9. The unsung heroes of the wedding would undoubtedly be the people in charge of the security at this wedding.
Both Virat and Anushka are celebrity royalty and wanted to ensure the wedding was a hushed affair and kept it a secret for as long as they could, and boy was it managed well.
Cheers to the power couple and the phenomenal group of people who worked tirelessly to give this sad world a little hope that love still exists.