The reason behind that? For centuries, society has equated our locks with your femininity, fertility and beauty.
However, as a person with short hair, I can assure you that the length of your hair is not directly or indirectly proportional to your womanhood. The feeling behind #ShortHairDontCare is real.
Don't believe me? Take a look at these badass women with their chic yet 'unorthodox' haircut that prove the length of your hair shouldn't be determined by the societal beauty standards:
1. Mandira Bedi's ever-slaying pixie cut:
2. Tahira Kashyap in her chic, statement layered pixie:
3. Sonali Bendre's elegant Princess-Diana- inspired look:
4. Kiran Rao slaying in her iconic hairdo:
5. Maya Sarao and killer one-side-under shaved short pixie:
6. Kalki in her adorably styled, no-fuss naturally falling short hair:
7. Sanya Malhotra's asymmetrical cut with her French curls:
8. Neena Gupta in her makeover blunt cut:
BRB, these women have inspired me to give myself a bold, dramatic quarantine haircut.