Joe and Anthony Russo, directors of two of the biggest movies in history, Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame recently spent some time on Reddit on an ‘Ask Me Anything’ session.
The duo answered any doubts we had about the MCU, including the easter eggs we might have missed in Endgame.
1. Did you consider anyone else to snap their fingers and bring people back or was it always The Hulk?
2. Can you tell us something we don’t know about one of your MCU films?
3. What was your most difficult day of shooting for Endgame?
4. What was the design process like for creating Vormir?… What made you want to keep the Soul Stone as a big reveal in Infinity War?
5. What is your favourite MCU character arc from movies that you were not involved in making?
6. Were there ever plans to have Mjolnir give Captain America a suit of Asgardian-like armour?
7. Can you talk about working as a duo, and how that affects your process?
8. Can you help everyone understand how Captain America got back to the main timeline when he returned all the stones because it contradicts the time travel theory stated by Banner earlier in the movie?
9. Why didn’t ‘The Avengers kneeling before Tony’ scene make it to the final cut? Personally, I find it extremely emotional.
10. How did Kevin Feige approach you two to make some of the most important movies in the MCU?
11. Could Cap always wield Mjolnir or did he progressively get more worthy over time?
12. How did the meeting between Cap and the Red Skull go when he returned the Soul Stone after Endgame?
13. In any of the MCU movies you directed, is there a scene you didn’t include, but wish you had?
14. Was Thor weaker in Endgame‘s final fight than at the end of Infinity War?
15. Which superhero’s movie that is not currently in the MCU would you guys most want to direct in the future?
You can check out the entire AMA session here.
This should answer all the questions we have been holding on to for months after Endgame released
Top picks for you
EntertainmentVasudha Sabharwalabout 9 hours ago | 6 min read