They’re stupid. They’re childish. But more importantly, they’re helpful, loyal, and resilient. And their undying enthusiasm, like that of a little child, makes these minuscule brats even more adorable! But, there’s more to minions than just madassery. Sure, if you’re a die-hard minionian, you’d know!
1. Minions with sprout-cut hair are usually the taller ones.
2. One-eyed minions are usually short.
3. Minionese combines French, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Russian.
4. They have slightly crooked teeth in Despicable Me, and aligned ones in Despicable Me 2.
5. They have an uncanny resemblance to Japanese gameplay Mega Man Legend’s Servbots - both are yellow, dressed in blue, and serve an evil master.
Source: megaman.wikia.com and superbwallpapers.com
6. They have a personality similar to Raving Rabbids from the Rabbids game series.
7. In the simulator ride 'Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem', at Universal Studios, Gru has a gun that transforms humans into minions. But that’s not really how minions came into existence.
8. Evil minions were purposefully made purple. In the colour wheel, it lies opposite to yellow.
9. According to the directors, minions were created to make the audience more sympathetic towards Gru.
10. Minions were initially not supposed to be small and cute, but instead an army of orc-like creatures.
11. The inspiration for Evil minions came from Looney Tunes. It was the 1960’s 'Hyde and Go Tweet' cartoon where Tweety turned evil on consuming Dr. Jekyll’s potion.
12. While there are 10,400 minions, they can be distinguished by only about 48 combinations. This includes all combinations - the hairstyles, glasses, the height et al.
13. There is only one of 5 types of natural hairstyles that a minion can have - sprout, combed, spread out, tall buzz-cut, short buzz-cut, and bald.
14. Minions can double up as glow sticks in the dark.
15. It is still unknown if minions have a sex and how they reproduce.
16. They can even survive without air and resist freezing.
17. Every minion who plays a significant role in the films has a male name.
18. For some odd reason, minions love spitting.