It’s really hard to be a vegetarian in India. Day in and day out, you’re bombarded with all sorts of moronic questions and comments from Non-Vegetarians who feel like its their divine duty to convert you to the “meat-side.” And while other people aren’t treating you like you’re some kind of vegan alien, you’re struggling to find places which actually have a decent selection of veg food. So if you’re a vegetarian stuck in a land of meat-eaters, I bet you’ve heard some of these before.
1. “Kya? Tum Non-Veg nahi khaate?!?!”
2. “But then from where do you get your proteins?”
3. “It’s cool, hang out with us and you’ll start eating meat.”
4. “Hum tere khaane mei bina bataye chicken mila denge!”
5. “Why don’t you try some… gravy?”
Shit. How did you know? How did you know that gravy would be my weakness? Now I can’t help but eat a whole giraffe.
6. “Kabhi nahi khaya? How’s that possible?”
7. “Ghar pe bhi koi nahi khaata?”
8. “But what if you get married to a non-vegetarian. What then?”
We’ll eat kisses and drink love. Oh, so romantic.
9. “Aur kabhi abroad jaana pad gaya toh?”
10. “Tumhara chicken toh paneer hai. LoL.”
11. “You must eat eggs. They’re kinda vegetarian only.”
12. ” Jhoota bhi nahi khaate hoge?”
13. “Arey, iske birthday pe toh cake bhi eggless aayega.”
14. “Tum toh ghaas-phoos khaate ho!”
Top picks for you
HumorHarshita Singhin about 2 hours | 3 min read
HumorNisha Singhin about 2 hours | 3 min read
EntertainmentHarshita Singhin about 1 hour | 4 min read