ICYMI, the Ambanis held a pre-wedding celebration in Udaipur for their daughter Isha Ambani. From Hillary Clinton, Beyonce to Bollywood bigwigs, it felt like the entire world descended on the land of the maharajas.
Here's everything you need to know about Hotel Udaivilas, the property where this grand celebration was held.
1. Around 200 years old, Hotel Udaivilas was constructed on the hunting grounds of the Maharana of Mewar and around 40 percent of the total area is a wildlife sanctuary.
2. Located on the banks of Lake Pichola, Hotel Udaivilas overlooks the Aravali Hills and is spread over 50 acres.
3. Oberoi Udaivilas has 87 rooms, including a Kohinoor suite and 4 other luxury suites.
The rooms come with a refreshing view of the main pool, vibrant in colour as the sunlight hits the blue ceramic. The deep coloured, polished wooden floors are a contrast to the ivory, turquoise and orange upholstery which makes for a rich stay.
4. Apart from winning several awards, it was ranked Number #1 in 'India's Top 20 Hotels' by Travel + Leisure, India and South Asia.
5. Decorated with a geometric pattern of white marble, sandstone and granite ornaments on the floor, the antique finish with the Mewar arch, this is what their royal bar looks like.
6. Adorned with sandstone columns and grand elephant water fountains, the pool is the perfect visual of the Rajasthani splendour.
7. It costs around ₹3.5 crore to book the entire hotel for a 2-day wedding.
8. The hotel offers a spot for a relaxing meal next to the lake.
9. A few of the activities they offer include yoga, Rajasthani folk dance and a cooking lesson with the in house chef. The hotel also offers a variety of relaxing spa treatments.
10. Food is as glorious as the restaurant's name. Udaimahal Restaurant offers traditional Indian food. And one can get Mediterranean and Thai food at Suryamahal. Along with open-air dining with traditional music and evening performances at Chandni.
Apart from this, dinner at the promenade offers mesmerising views of Udaipur's City Palace and Jagmandir on one side, and the elegantly lit domes of Hotel Udaivilas on the other.
11. Not just humans, your stay will be frequented by peacocks and deer like a true fairytale.
12. The hotel is approximately 8 km from Udaipur Railway Station, and a 45-minute drive to Udaipur’s Maharana Pratap Airport. What's interesting is the motor boat transfer to the resort.
13. As mentioned by Travel + Leisure, if you visit frequently, traditional mirror-work coasters or jewellery boxes make for guests' departure gifts.
Straight out of a royal fairytale, a stay at Hotel Udaivilas is as magnificent as it sounds.