Holi is not just the festival of colours, it also gives us a reason to prepare mouth-watering delicacies that are unique to this occasion. So, if you are planning to have a post-holi party at home, then we have a list of Indian sweets that you might want to make for your guests. Here are 7 traditional Indian sweet dishes that you can make for your family and friends this Holi to make them feel extra special.
1. Gujiya is an authentic holi sweet dish that is popular in North India but is enjoyed by people pan-India. Click here to see the recipe.
The soft texture of Kesari Malai Peda is just hard to resist and the added flavours of saffron and cardamom is ideal to enliven your spirits this Holi. Click here to see the recipe.
3. Introduce your guests to Mattar Kheer, the unusual combination of green peas and rice pudding, if you want to stand out and prepare something ‘out of the box.’ Click here to see the recipe.
4. Malpua is a traditional Indian sweet that is fried in ghee and dipped in sugar syrup which is not only healthy but, tasty too. Click here to see the recipe.
5. Can you really say no to Rasmalai, a sweet filled with creamy, juicy stuff that is soft, fluffy and full of flavours? Click here to see the recipe.
6. Give your favourite Indian dessert a fruity makeover by making Apple Kheer that is flavoursome, refreshing, healthy and delicious. Click here to see the recipe.
7. Are you in love with mangoes? If yes, try making Mango Barfis for your loved ones to mark the joy of the festivals. Click here to see the recipe.
Have a happy and safe holi, okay?
Top picks for you
inothernewsAnchal Kandpalabout 14 hours ago | 6 min read
inothernewsDanny Kurian2 days ago | 5 min read