"So no one told you life was gonna be this wayyy... *clap clap clap clap*!"
This isn't just the theme song to our beloved sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S, people. It is also the story of our lives. Adulthood kind of just happened to most of us pretty much out of nowhere, and we realised once we were in the thick of it, that we really weren't even nearly equipped for what was coming.
It is with this very sentiment that certified funny person and creator of Owlturd Comix, Shenanigansen made a series of comics that laugh at all the miseries (and we all can agree that there really are many) of gosh darned adulthood. Feast your eyes on these clever, insightful and thoroughly hilarious interactions between our emotions and... well, adult life.
1. Understanding rejection.
2. The role that facts play in life.
3. Searching for the meaning of it all? Here it is.
4. Ah hopes and dreams. Remember those?
5. Every day is a new one. Or is it?
6. And logic. That poor thing never even had a chance.
7. Bad news shall always find a way.
8. We miss the time when a rainy day was the worst that could happen.
9. Listen up kids!
10. Move aside sadness and anger. Adulthood brings a whole other super-villain.
11. Thanks Internet.
12. The games that motivation plays with us!
13. Because life is just a plain ol' bitch sometimes.
14. And there ain't nothin' you can do about it. Real inspirational, right?
15. It's funny 'cause it's true. *sniff*
16. Getting life together is an elusive task.
17. And death is the only escape. Really. It's literally the only way out.
18. Type A personalities and Type B personalities sure handle things differently.
19. And I guess it's up to each of us to figure out who wins. Depending on what we consider a win.
20. Introverts. For real.
21. Chasing the impossible.
22. And just when you think it couldn't get any worse.
23. Trust people? Do adults do that stuff?
24. We still have our own special perks. Which will never be quite enough.
25. The struggle of creating.
26. But hey. If all else fails, try this.
27. Because in the end, it's regret and shame that basically rule everything.
28. And like it or not, that's how life gets the best out of us. Or whatever version of 'the best' we can manage.
Thank you, Owlturd... For saying what we were all struggling to articulate. *wipes away single tear*