Not all food items are good to be consumed as your literal “break fast.” Here is a list of food items you should definitely avoid on an empty stomach or it’ll wreak havoc with your gut.
1. Citrus fruits increase acidity and consuming them on an empty stomach slows down the functioning of the digestive system.
2. Having coffee, when you haven’t eaten anything else for a long time can increase acidity in the stomach.
3. Carbonated beverages reduce the supply of blood to the stomach, slowing down the process of digestion.
4. Consumption of yogurt, when your stomach is empty can lead to high acidity.
5. Tomatoes produce tannic acid and eating it on an empty stomach can lead to gastric ulcers.
6. Eating sugary products on an empty stomach can affect the production of insulin which could lead to diabetes.
7. Consuming bananas on an empty stomach can lead to an imbalance of magnesium and potassium present in the blood.
8. Having Spicy food can increase acid production in the stomach.
9. Intake of raw vegetables can lead to stomach pains and heartburns.
10. Roughage in pears can damage gastrointestinal tissues, when eaten on an empty stomach.
Instead of foods that produce acid, having a lighter meal in the morning such as oatmeals, porridge, buckwheat and eggs will give a kick-start to your day!
Top picks for you
HealthNisha Singh17 days ago | 3 min read
HealthAaliyah Jainabout 1 month ago | 6 min read