There’s no doubt that green tea does have a lot of health benefits, but if consumed in excess it can lead to many unwanted health problems too. Here’s why you should not overdo the consumption of green tea:
1. You might end up with headaches because of the caffeine present in it.
2. Too much consumption leads to insomnia.
3. Excessive consumption of green tea increases the caffeine level in the body leading to irregular heartbeats.
4. It can lead to nausea and vomiting.
5. Consuming green tea in excess weakens bone health and lead to osteoporosis.
6. You might end up with diarrhoea.
8. High dosage of green tea leads to iron deficiency.
9. Overconsumption leads to glaucoma and/or puffy and inflamed eyes.
10. A study suggests consuming green tea in excess may lead to high blood pressure levels.
11. According to research, caffeine content present in green tea can give you muscle spasms.
12. It leads to Type 2 diabetes if consumed in excess, according to a research.
13. Polyphenols present in green tea cause kidney damage.
14. It leads to staining of teeth because of the presence of tannins.
15. excess consumption could lead to a drop in fertility levels as well as a decrease in serum testosterone levels.
Remember, the word is moderation!