Eating basil seeds is one of the newest health trends. However, did you know that consuming basil seeds has been a practice for thousands of years in many parts of the world? While the health benefits of basil seeds are pretty impressive, not everyone is aware of it. Scroll down to find out 8 wonders basil seeds do on our skin, hair and overall body.
1. Basil seeds are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that are able to counter the effects of free radicals.
2. Regular use of basil seeds can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, and blemishes.
3. High iron content in basil seeds can stimulate the production of hair and prevent premature hair loss.
4. Basil seeds are extremely high in fiber and work to bulk up the stool and make you feel full to prevent overeating and snacking between meals.
5. Sweet basil seeds help decrease bad cholesterol levels and lowers the risk of atherosclerosis and plaque deposition in the arteries and blood vessels.
6. Regular intake of basil seeds reduces strain on the heart and curbs down the chances of heart attack and stroke.
7. The potassium content in basil seeds can relax the tension in the arteries and blood vessels, thus reducing strain on the cardiovascular system.
8. Basil seeds are a great source of vitamin A which acts as a powerful antioxidant in the retina and prevents the development of cataracts.
Top picks for you
SocietyHarshita Singhabout 1 month ago | 1 min read