Walnuts don't just taste great in chocolates and cakes; they are also high in nutritional value that can improve health and skin too. Here are 10 health benefits of consuming walnuts we bet you didn't know about:
1. Omega-3 fat found in walnuts is good for lowering the risk of heart diseases.
2. Vitamin E, folate and melatonin present in walnuts boost cognitive functions of the brain. No wonder the nut looks like one too.
3. High levels of proteins and fiber make this nut a good option for healthy snacking and reducing weight. Just don't have too many in one sitting.
4. Antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids in walnuts strengthen the immune system and stops the development of cancerous cells.
5. Fight diseases like asthma, eczema and arthritis by consuming walnuts as they are rich in fatty acids.
6. Alpha-linolenic acid found in walnuts is great for making your bones stronger and healthier.
7. Research shows that consuming walnuts can lower blood pressure levels.
8. Polyphenols in walnuts have been found to prevent liver damage.
9. Walnuts are great for dealing with constipation and improving digestive health as it is rich in fiber.
10. Vitamin B7 found in this nut is best for strengthening hair and reducing hair fall.
Include this nut in your diet for a healthy lifestyle.