There was a time when rappers did not have to add two Yo’s before their names to sound cool. They did it through their words. Baba Sehgal, the ‘Thanda Thanda Paani’ guy from the 90’s defined everything that was cool about that decade: everyone you knew used to give you advice, there was no such thing called ‘political correctness’ and rap lyrics actually rhymed.
No, he didn’t disappear. He simply shifted his coolness to social media, where he has been belting out gems from his Twitter handle. His tweets prove one thing we’ve suspected for long – he’s not just a rapper, but a real ‘baba’ – full of gyaan and wisdom. We've compiled some of the best ones for you.
1. Baba Sehgal is good with dates.
2. Even Baba Sehgal makes mistakes.
3. Baba Sehgal cares for your health.
4. Issued in public interest by Baba Sehgal.
5. Existentialist Baba Sehgal.
6. Baba Sehgal wants you to self-reflect.
7. Like any true Indian, Baba Sehgal picks up life lessons from Bollywood.
8. Baba Sehgal is a cricket analyst.
9. Baba Sehgal sees through your career achievements.
10. Baba Sehgal offers tech advice.
11. Baba Sehgal is a film critic.
12. He’s also pro-legalization.
13. Baba Sehgal believes in trial and error.
14. Baba Sehgal is an optimist.
15. Baba Sehgal is nostalgic.
16. Baba Sehgal has got his priorities right.
17. Baba Sehgal thinks of his ex.
18. Baba Sehgal has heartbreak in Delhi.
19. Baba Sehgal on personal hygiene.
20. Baba Sehgal gives fitness advice.
And here’s a fact that sounds as amazing as Baba’s tweets – he has a degree in electrical engineering.