After the recent #BeefBan, we wonder how far our beloved right wing authorities can go to ban everything that offends them. Here are 9 food items whose lives are at steak (see what we did there?), and could soon be banned, per the Maharashtra government's sound logic.
1. Kesar - Because it hurts Saffron sentiments!
2. Lotus stem - Kamal should only be on Kamal ka button.
3. Lady Finger - How can a lady raise a finger? Just how?
4. Orange - Orange is the new black, bitchesss! #AbKiBaar
5. Mango - How can you tell a man to go? And it's just so Aam. #RivalParty
6. Tinda - Because it sounds like Tinder. #WesternCulture
7. Mooli - 'Moo' is the sound made by cows. It hurts cows' sentiments. #WeLoveCows
8. Eggplant - Eggs and plants together are 'unnatural'! #377
9. Green peas - Because, GreenPeace?
This is all in good humour. No beef, Maharashtra government.
Feature image by Bernadette Baum