When Hollywood movies are dubbed in Hindi, certain keywords stand out. There is rampant use of ' tatsam ' words that are so difficult to comprehend, it's funny. Also, every movie title is exaggerated out of proportions, making them unintentionally funny. We thought it would be a good idea to compile such movie posters and put them in various categories.
Needless to say, some names will sound deceptive. Don't get the wrong ideas.
[Note: These images are not photoshopped. The writer went through heaven and hell to find these.]
The desi obsession with ' Maut '
These category comprises mostly of action or horror movies. But don't be surprised if you find a couple of rom-coms in there. Indians are obsessed with death, which is why we watch 'Game of Thrones'.
1. Resident Evil: Maut Ka Bulawa
2. Deep Blue Sea: Maut Ka Samundar
3. The Legion: Maut Ke Farishtey
4. Cradle Of The Grave: Maut Ki Raah Par
5. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows: Harry Potter aur Maut Ke Tohfe
6. The Final Destination: Maut Ki Manzil
7. Final Destination 3: Maut Ka Jhoola
8. Final Destination 5: Aakhri Mukaam Maut
9. Death Race: Maut Ki Race
10. Evil Dead: Maut Ka Saaya
Add a ' Maha ' to make things BIG
This category uses the superlative 'Maha' so excessively, that it loses its meaning. So much so, that even the popcorn you are munching is Maha-popcorn!
11. Ghost Rider: Mahakaal - Badle Ki Aag
12. Matrix Revolutions: Mahasangraam
13. Matrix Reloaded: Mahashaktimaan
14. Clash Of The Titans: Maha Yuddha
15. Black Hawk Down: Maha Aakraman
16. The Incredible Hulk: Mahabali Hulk
17. Captain America: Maha Dabang
Animation Movies Trolled
Animated movies are the most well written movies and sometimes, really emotional. But the Hindi versions are named so brilliantly , that the essence is lost somewhere in the title. Have a look at these.
18. Monsters Inc.: Darr Ki Dukaan
19. Rat-a-too-ee: Bindaas Bawarchi
20. Stuart Little 2: Chhote Miyaan Kya Kehna!
21. Finding Nemo: Kho Gaya Nemo
22. The Smurfs: Neele Natkhat
23. Up: Udan Chhoo
Of Wars, Destruction and Devastation
If it's not death, it's near death. You add words like ' aatank ', ' vinaashkaari ', 'yoddha', 'darindey' and ' pralaya ', and you have with you, a hit title. You'll find these amusing if you've seen the posters at your nearest theater. Please notice that only Hindi words of the finest quality are used to create these titles.
24. John Carter: Bramhaand Ka Param Yoddha
25. Iron Man 3: Faulaadi Rakshak - "Ab tak Ka Shreshth Iron Man"
26. G.I.Joe Retaliation: G.I.Joe Pratishodh
27. Underworld Evolution: Khoonkhaar Darindey
28. Underworld Awakening: Khoonkhaar Darindon Ki Waapsi
29. Lone Survivor: Jung Ka Anjaam
30. World Invasion: Antariksh Ka Aakraman
31. Jack The Giant Killer: Rakshason Ka Vinaashak
32. Romeo Must Die: Inteqaam Ki Aag
33. Gangster Squad: Aatank Ka Ant
34. Resident Evil - Extinction: Pralaya - Ab Hoga Sarvanaash
35. Captain America - The First Avenger: Kaptaan Amrika - Pehle Pratishodhi
36. The Last Samurai: Aakhri Yoddha
37. Final Destination 2: Aakhri Manzil
38. Judgement Day: Insaaf Ka Din
39. World WarZ: Preton Ka Aatank
40. Olympus Has Fallen: Aatank Ka Ant
Yes. I know. Again.
Of deceptive names and literal translations
These movies were named either hastily, deceptively or just too simply. Whichever way, they sound funny, and they have made to the list.Cheers!
41. The Avengers: Angaarey Baney Sholey
42. Pompeii: Qayamat Ki Raat
43. Salt: Chaalbaaz Jasoos