We love a good ol' Bollywood love story. There's always oodles of masala, lots of feels and a sprinkling of Raj. On closer inspection, however, we noticed similarities. Stereotypes make our B-town rom-coms completely unique.
Here are the 19 most overused, desi romance cliches that we ABSOLUTELY love.
Are you ready to fall in love?
1. " Laal mere dil ka haal hain. " You're literally seeing red, everywhere.
2. No love story is complete without an obligatory chase through the airport.
3. Nature is always on your side. Hawaa, baarish . All perfectly timed for some romance.
4. " A ankhon hi aankhon mein" . Love means hypnotising eyes. And endless staring contests.
5. Dream sequences make up at least half of the movie.
6. Color coordinating your outfits comes naturally.
7. Bhook-pyaas vanishes. Love is a diet plan.
8. If you see a woman in the rain, you will fall in love. This is law.
9. " Pehle takraar, phir pyaar" is the foundation of a fool-proof love story.
10. You will always have a chorus and background dancers. Because swag.
11. Love brings out your hidden Sonu Nigam-ness, so you can declare your feelings with style.