I think the last dude who bought an actual physical album of any artist died back in the year 2009, of stupidity. In today’s scenario, no one has the time or principle to go to a CD store instead of downloading music for free.
There were those darker days, when making songs wasn’t enough, the artist had to market the songs as well, which meant being creative in their album covers, as that had to be the selling point.
As is the case with anything though, there were always a bunch of misses in the middle of those hits.
1. Jim Post – I Love My Life
I used to like my life as well.
2. Rick James – Throwin’ Down
Cocaine is a helluva drug.
3. Bros – Chocolate Box
So much blasphemy in this pic.
4. Prince – Lovesexy
We found monkey man!
5. Orleans – Waking and Dreaming
Ain’t no fraternity till you touch nippy.
6. Herbie Mann – Push Push
Nicholas Cage’s face. Anil Kapoor’s body.
7. Madonna – Hard Candy
Nothing hard or candy in here.
8. Tino Fernandez – Por Primera Vez
Where the concept of “ball” boy emerged.
9. Stryken – First Strike
No, just… no.
10. The Handsome Beasts – Beastiality
I’m so scared for that pig right now.
11. Prince – Controversy
You forgot your pants and bunch of other stuff, man.
12. Joe Henry – Trampoline
13. Manowar – Anthology
They look like anorexic He-Men.
14. Village People – Renaissance
The kind of Renaissance where the wrong culture was re-birthed.
15. Fireballet – Two, Too
Indian comedy shows in the near future.
16. Millie Jackson – Back to the Shit
The way to a man’s heart.
17. Wasnatch – Front to Back
Bass to mouth.
18. A Taste of Dick Black – Dick Black and His Band
19. Argentina Coral – Cante Gitano
It’s subjective, that’s all I’ll say.
20. Barbara Markay – Give Your Dick To Me
I don’t know about you all, but I feel intimidated.
21. Quim Barreiros, Recebi Um Convite (A Casa Da Joquina)
Aamir Khan in PK, anyone?
22. Kevin Rowland – My Beauty
He bought that dress at the beauty-free store.
23. Brainstorm – Smile a While
24. Tony Tee – Time To Get Physical
I don’t think tighter spandex’s were possible.
25. Saveta Jovanovic – Lazno Je, Lazno Sve Sto Je Tvoje