Life is all about balancing work with play. However, sometimes you just end up in unavoidable situations where you work 9-5 and your better half works from 10 to 4. You think longingly of the times when both of you went to the same college or work place and shared regular and consistent hours in one another's company. Now it's all about adjusting to each other's schedules, leading to all kinds of unexpected problems and a general feeling of incompleteness. If you're in a relationship with someone working the graveyard shift, you have probably experienced these unexpected issues:
1. You come back from work tired and ready to fall into your significant other's arms only to catch them hurrying off for their 11 pm shift. Another lonesome night.
2. You sleep early on a Friday night just so you can be awake when they come home from work... To go back to sleep together.
3. It almost feels like a long distance relationship considering you spend more time on the phone with each other than in person.
4. You feel insanely jealous seeing them curled up in the blanket while you're getting ready for work in the morning.
5. You have to keep coming up with ways to keep each other awake at all kinds of strange hours.
6. You have to keep telling them they look fine even though they always look like they just got out of bed.
7. Public holidays are the only kind of 'real' holidays. You still feel sleep deprived like ALL the time.
8. You become amazing at drinking at any time of the day thanks to your weird schedules. Not exactly a healthy talent.
9. Trying to find your lovah a regular job with better pay becomes a frequent pass time of yours.
10. 'Partying' for you means getting to spend at least 2 hours with each other without having to rush off to work.
11. You don't get to meet any of your friends or even relatives because just making time for each other is nigh impossible.
12. Going for lovely brunch is a distant dream.
13. You never get to say "plus one" while going for a party. It's always "I'm coming alone". Lame.
14. You both fall asleep half-way through EVERYTHING! Watching movies, playing games, doing...things...
15. Both of you slowly start listening mostly to heavy metal as it's the only way to stay awake. Heavy metal and Red Bull. You freaks.
16. You can never surprise them in the office or pick them up from work... unless you're an owl.
Don't lose hope though. Life always gives back what you clearly work for and there will definitely come a time when the two of you can enjoy each other through complete days and blissful nights!