In what is probably its largest update yet, Oxford Dictionary Online (ODO) has grown to include a 1,000 new words. And we're quite amused by what's made the cut. Because, according to the online version of the venerated Oxford dictionary, 'hawt' is totally legit.
Here are 22 of the weirdest words that have been added to the ODO in this quarterly update. Grammar Nazis, you might want to look away.
1. *WTAF – What The Actual F###!
The baap of WTF.
2. Binge-watch – Watching multiple episodes of a television program in quick succession.
Guilty as charged.
3. Hate-watch – Watching a television program purely for the sake of the enjoyment derived from mocking it.
Guilty, guilty, guilty!
4. IDC – I don't care.
Honestly, we don't either.
5. Mahoosive – Really, REALLY big.
A word with lots of impact.
6. Listicle – This.
Not just an article, not just a list. It's so much more.
7. Hawt – Supposedly acceptable, informal slang for 'hot'.
WHY GOD, WHY?
8. Jel - Jealous.
Because using full words is too mainstream, yo!
9. Xlnt - Excellent.
10. Fone – Phone.
So much bachat on one poor 'P'.
11. Duck face - Unfortunately, everyone knows what this is.
Thanks, Miss Fox.
12. Cool beans - Used to express approval or delight.
Goes well with 'awesome-sauce'.
13. Man crush - Intense and, mostly, non-sexual liking or admiration felt by one man for another.
You know you've been there.
14. Five second rule - Time period within which fallen food can be retrieved.
This one we approve of!
15. Ish – Slang for sh$t.
Ish just got real.
16. MAMIL – Middle Aged Man In Lycra.
Trying so hard not to imagine, that.
17. Shiny bum – A bureaucrat or office worker.
Is it just me or does this sound deceptively like a compliment? You shiny bum!
18. Lolcat - Cat picture with a funny caption.
Because 'meme' is so passe.
19. PMSL – Pissing Myself Laughing.
The more 'evolved' successor of LOL, ROFL, LMAO, LMFAO and ROFLMAO.
20. Permadeath – A situation in which a character cannot reappear after having been killed off, usually in video games.
Prepare for a perma-death stare from Ekta Kapoor.
21. The Ant's Pants – An outstandingly good person or thing.
Tiny compliment for a big ego.
22. Tomoz - Tomorrow.
We give up. See you tomoz.